Monday, March 24, 2008

Wall Street Journal Online



I read this article on Salon about the Wall Street Journal. Right now, if you went to the Wall Street Journal's website and wanted to read all of its articles, you would have to purchase a subscription, which according to Salon costs about $79. Apparently, there is a way to by pass paying a large sum of money for a subscription and it is completely legal. The Wall Street Journal allows users of Google News and Digg access to full articles. So, while you can't read them from the Wall Street Journal's website, you can access the same material through these other websites.

According to Salon, you shouldn't even feel bad about doing this because if the Journal didn't want you to be able to access these for free they wouldn't allow the option. This is great news for people like me. I am a poor college student, but an avid consumer of the news. I am not going to spend $80 just to read their articles, but now that I know I can access them for free, I will definitely take advantage of this.

No comments: