Monday, March 10, 2008

MySong

There is an article on Gizmodo about a new program called MySong. This is a program from Microsoft that allows a user to sing into a microphone and the program will automatically generate chords and music to accompany your melody. They say that this is perfect for the person who really wants to sing a song but has no musical experience.

This is a pretty cool program, but I doubt there is going to be any hit artists making the charts because of it. Personally, I think they need to leave the music making up to the professionals. I watched the video on Gizmodo (It was pretty funny and pretty cheesy) about the program. I didn't really think it sounded all the great and it didn't seem like there were many options to change the tone of your music. Oh well... it would be something pretty neat to play around with I guess.

No comments: