Sunday, April 27, 2008

In yet another article I was reading on the Machinist's web page... I read an article about Macs being better than PC's. (duh) I thought this article highlighted a very important factor in the Mac vs PC war: start-up and shut down time. 

I use a Mac at home and for school but at work I have to use a PC. I am always amazed at how my Mac will fire up at the push of a button almost instantly. However, when I'm at work I have to go to the bathroom, pour a cup of coffee and read my mail before my computer is fully up and running. According to the article, a "Gateway desktop computer at 1 minute, 13 seconds to start up, and 44.3 seconds to shut down.  A comparable iMac started up in 28.7 seconds and shut down in only 4 seconds."

Take that PC users. 

Check out that article here:

No comments: